2007-02-16

Secret of the Cave

A huge congratulations! to the School of Visual Art and Design at Southern Adventist University for completing their film, Secret of the Cave, and for winning the Crystal Heart Award at the 2006 Heartland Film Festival where it premiered last October. There's info on the film's website and an interview with the Director and the DP (both professors at the school) for the film. There's also a review of the film from Entertainment Magazine and another one from Independent Critics.

The year that I graduated from Southern they had just released their first film, made mostly by students, and I think I remember hearing that this would be their next film. I had no idea that my animation professor, Zach Gray, was going to be the director. Looks like he did a pretty fantastic job. (no surprise, though it is his first time directing a feature-length, live-action film)

I'm looking forward to seeing the whole movie. I don't know if it was in theatres at all, but I'm sure a DVD is planned.

SVAD has made enormous progress in the last 7 or 8 years and it's really good to see that they continue to up the ante with each new undertaking. Here's hoping that this is their next project.