Thursday, June 28, 2007

Veggie Pirates Trailer and Website!

Click the picture to go see the official Veggie Pirates website where you can watch the trailer. Apparently Universal also physically attached the trailer to the front of every copy of Evan Almighty so at least a few people have seen it already.

Unfortunately my title of "animator" for this movie was a bit open to interpretation so I only animated a handful of shots. Fortunately, one of them made it into the trailer. It's the one in which Sedgewick (Mr. Lunt) says "Okay, time to go home." Oh yeah, check out those bobbing head turns. I'm Brilliant!

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to seeing this in theatres. It's not Ratatouille, but it's fun.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:27 pm

    you don't know me, but i go to same church as the southern art-dept animator graduates in san francisco (andy, clary, etc). i'm a big fan of veggie tales and i went to see "evan almighty" the other day and the trailer for the veggie pirates came on. i was pretty stoked! well... can't wait to see it and andy told me that you got the very first shot or something.
    it's probably wierd getting a message from a stranger, but it's the www, i suppose.
    cheers, my name is christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Christina. Glad you stopped by! I hope the movie doesn't disappoint.

    Say 'hi' to Andy, Clary, Aaron, etc for me.

    You're right, I did tell them that I had the first shot of the movie, but it turns out that I was mistaken. Sequence 01 shot 01 is not the first shot. Go figure. It comes after sequence 00 which I'm guessing is during the opening credits. That said, it's only a few frames and doesn't have any characters in it, so it's not much of a shot - I just thought it was neat because I thought it was the first. Oh well.

    Be sure to let us know what you thought of the movie after see it.

    ReplyDelete