2008-09-11

Eeee-vah!


Okay, I'm sorry. It's been a bit long since my last post and I was intending to write about Wall-E as soon as I saw it. Most of you have seen it now so you know it's great and I don't have much to add that hasn't been said. It's a moving love story with truly endearing characters, beautiful visuals, and lots of pantomime so communicative that it makes you wish more movies would cut down on spoken dialogue. Kung Fu Panda was a great animated movie, but Wall-E is a great movie - animated or otherwise - and it's still in a few theatres. Obviously I'm a little late in saying so, but if you haven't seen Wall-E yet...

Then, after you've seen it, fire up iTunes and buy Presto, the short film that screened before Wall-E. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at a cartoon, but what's even cooler is when you step through it frame-by-frame in Quicktime: crazy distortions, smear frames, extra limbs! Finally, CG that cheats just as well as the old 2D days!