2009-09-01

Bear McCreary, of BSG and Terminator SCC fame is the composer for Dark Void

Here it is straight from Bear's BSG Blog

And here's an interview he gave on Gamespot

This is actually really old news, but I haven't posted in about 5 months so I'm playing catch up. I think this news came out just about the day that I made my last post.

In a stroke of pure brilliance the powers that be approached Bear McCreary, the rising star known for his fantastic work on Battlestar Galactica and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, to see if he would be interested in lending his unique musical aesthetic to Dark Void. It turns out that Bear was not only excited to accept this new challenge but that he is actually a big fan of games and, in particular, a certain Man from Capcom, who can only be described as Mega. Wow, some things just come together perfectly. Serendipity, I suppose.

Bear uses a very interesting mix of traditional orchestral scoring and some unusual tribal instrument solos. Anyways, the music fits our game perfectly and what's more it sounds so great that some commenters have gone so far as to say that the music alone will be worth the price of the game - that may be, but I hope you enjoy playing it too.