2019-08-07

"Quatz" Reload Fix

(Credit for footage of bugs: Blitxkriegz and CatDeeleysLeftNipple on reddit)

Sorry I was rushed and these visual bugs had to wait for a hotfix. Now I DEMAND all content creators re-make their awesome videos and gifs, stat! ;)

The floating clip bug is due to the magazine simply being animated as a part of the gun rig, which is then attached to a bone under the right hand's hierarchy. In Maya everything looks fine with constraints and whole frames, but in engine at 60fps and with no constraints stuff drifts.

The fix required setting up events in the animation to attach the gun and the magazine to different joints on different frames (like swapping constraints in Maya) and actually required a bit of new scripting from a programmer to get working properly.

ALSO took me a while to solve a bug where interrupting the anim with a roll or melee attack would leave you with the magazine or gun still stuck in the left hand.

Now... Now, I wanna go back and fix all the old jittery reloads. But I don't know when I'll have time to, so hopefully you can bear with me. I've got my sights on you for a rainy day, Boltor Bravura Skin...